[smokeping-users] Re: remote fping

Keith Patton kpatton at dallas.photronics.com
Wed Aug 27 17:09:01 MEST 2003

I was finally able to resolve this problem..
I was receiving an ICMP redirect message, confusing the perl daemon.

To resolve,  I modified fping to put icmp messages in stderr and move the data
from stderr to stdout.

Then I modified the probes to  now read the stdout stream instead of the stderr
stream, end result : works ok now.

-Keith

Naman Latif wrote:

> I am exactly having the same problem. I sniffed packets for comparing
> between
>
> 1. Command Line RSH
> 2. Through SmokePing.
>
> Data sequence is exactly the same in both cases and I do see responses
> coming back from "rhost" with the reported Ping times included in the
> sniffed packets.So data is definitely getting back to SmokePing machine,
> but am not sure how to further debug this ?
> Can I include some sort of debugging in RemoteFPing.pm to print some
> error messages (if any) ?
>
> Regards \\ Naman
>
> > From: Keith Patton [mailto:kpatton at dallas.photronics.com]
>
> > I have configured remoteFping and it seems to work,and runs
> > command line
> >
> > via rsh to remote host,  however my data doesn't look right.
> >

> --

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- Desc: Card for Keith Patton
-- Size: 305 bytes