[smokeping-users] Re: SmokePing 2.0rc5, RRDtool 1.2.11 and UTF-8

Erich Titl erich.titl at think.ch
Mon Aug 15 08:56:38 MEST 2005

Leos

Leoš Bitto wrote:
> Tobias,
>
> thanks for your hint. Apache really did not propagate the environment
> variable LANG. First, Red Hat resets LANG to C in
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd, and second, they do not pass LANG to any CGI
> script by default (I wrote a simple CGI script to prove this). As soon
> as I added "SetEnv LANG en_US.UTF-8" to Apache's configuration (to the
> appropriate .htaccess file, surrounded by <Files "smokeping.cgi"> and
> </Files>), everything started to work fine.

I tried it the canonical way, the html output works fine but the
generation of the mini panels does not show the correct umlaut values.

Here is my .htaccess file in

/srv/www/vhosts/mrtg.asp.ruf.ch/cgi-bin/.htaccess

<Files smokeping.cgi>
        SetEnv LANG=en_us.UTF-8
</Files>

I tried with the full filename too, restarted apache and smokeping to no
avail.

Would you mind to show us the relevant part of your .htaccess file?

Erich