[smokeping-users] Re: Error in packet loss reporting.

Matthew Swainston njunk at exemail.com.au
Tue Sep 27 08:20:29 MEST 2005

I have tried both the patch and new version 2.0.3, and they both work and
fix the issue :).

Thanks heaps for the extremely quick and comprehensive response to this
issue.

Only VERY small thing now is that if I poll with 100 pings and if I drop 1,
the graph shows 0.11% packet loss for the next interval and 0.89% packet
loss in the interval after that. The total is right, however it implies the
loss was over 2 periods rather than 1 (and also the true magnitude of the
loss is slightly delayed). I assume this is just something to do with the
way RRD works, and not a "bug" as such, but thought I would mention it just
in case.

Cheers
Matthew