[smokeping-users] Slave/Master Again

Stephen Demailly stephen.demailly at thalesgroup.com
Fri Oct 12 12:26:55 CEST 2007

hello tobi,

I just feel stupid .... here is my simple config file

============================== config ======================================
*** Probes ***

+ FPing
binary = /usr/local/sbin/fping
packetsize = 256

*** Slaves ***
secrets=/usr/local/smokeping/etc/smokeping_secrets

+ slave1
display_name=Location1
color = 0000ff

+ slave2
display_name=Location1
color = ff00ff

*** Targets ***
slaves = slave1 slave2

menu = Top
title = Network Latency Grapher
remark = Welcome to the SmokePing website Here you will learn all about
the latency of our network.
probe = FPing

+ Tcis
menu = Tcis Server
title = TCIS Server
host = tcis.domain
slaves= slave1 slave2 <==== THIS IS LINE 158

+ TrtWeb
menu = TrtWeb Server
title = TRTWEB Server
host = trtweb.domain
slaves= slave1 slave2

+ KMWeb
menu = KM Server
title = Knowlege Managagement Server
host = trt.domain
slaves= slave1

============================== End config
======================================

Result :

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

main::(/var/www/cgi-bin/smokeping2.cgi:14):
14:     Smokeping::cgi("/usr/local/smokeping/etc/config2");
  DB<1> c

<h1>Software error:</h1>
<pre>ERROR: /usr/local/smokeping/etc/config2, line 158: slave1 [slave2]
<==== THIS IS LINE 158 IN ERROR WITH or WITHOUT THE DEBUGGER
</pre>
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error
message
and the time and date of the error.

[Fri Oct 12 12:19:56 2007] smokeping2.cgi: ERROR:
/usr/local/smokeping/etc/config2, line 158: slave1 [slave2]
Debugged program terminated.  Use q to quit or R to restart,
  use O inhibit_exit to avoid stopping after program termination,
  h q, h R or h O to get additional info.
  DB<1>

Tobi, I have also tried with other slaves names such as slave_a slave_b
or realname1 realname2 ... nothing is working.

Cheers,

Stephen.