[smokeping-users] problem with graph time when runnng smokeping and speedycgi in a VMWare VM

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Fri Sep 7 11:21:04 CEST 2007

Does your clock appear normal on the VM otherwise? I've run into issues with certain operating systems that need tweaks for the clock to behave under VMWare... FreeBSD being one. If I recall, it involves disabling APIC support in the OS and possibly some other tweaks in the VMWare configuration file. I'd have to dig it up, but if your clock looks to be normal, that shouldn't be the issue.

Jeff Williams wrote:
> Forgot to include the list on the first send.
>
> On 9/6/07, *Jeff Williams* <jeffwilliams05 at gmail.com
> <mailto:jeffwilliams05 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 9/6/07, * Tobias Oetiker* <tobi at oetiker.ch
>     <mailto:tobi at oetiker.ch>> wrote:
>
>         Hi Jeff,
>
>         this looks fine ...
>
>         so what is 'wrong' about the graph ?
>
>         cheers
>         tobi
>

>     The date and time on the graphs does not match up with the actual
>     date and time of the last update. I can't make sense of how it is
>     picking the date, but all of the graphs seem to have a random date
>     and time during this calendar year.
>

>         Today Jeff Williams wrote:
>

>         > Thanks for the quick response. I don't think I have an odd
>     locale. Here is
>
>         > the output of the locale command on that machine.
>         >
>         > LANG=en_US.UTF-8
>         > LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
>         > LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
>         > LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
>         > LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
>         > LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
>         > LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
>         > LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
>         > LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
>         > LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
>         > LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
>         > LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
>         > LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
>         > LC_ALL=
>         >

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear" -- Mark Twain