[smokeping-users] Smokeping Alerts

Carlos Armas carlos.armas at interlink.net.ve
Wed Apr 2 03:51:39 CEST 2008

Hi Guys

Exactly i need help with the smokeping alerts. Exactly i want to make
somethin like nagios do with the services notifications
(warning,critical and ok) with the applications smokeping. If i put in
ths way

+packetloss_warning
type = loss
# in percent
pattern = ==0%,==0%,>20%,>20%,>20%
comment = Enlace con Perdidas de Paquetes Repentina

+packetloss_critical
type = loss
# in percent
pattern = ==0%,==0%,>60%,>60%,>60%
comment = Enlace con Perdidas de Paquetes Severa

+packetloss_ok
type = loss
# in percent
pattern = >100%,>100%,==0%,==0%,==0%
comment = Enlace Sin Perdidas de Paquetes

i received 2 alerts when i have 80% percent of packet loss. I see a
priority and i set the priority and i get a error message  when i try to
restart smokeping. What Can I do tha i can get only one notifications.
Another question its how many operators the pattern has and what it is
its meaneing?

Thank you for attention

Best Regards

Carlos Armas