[smokeping-users] 25 slaves overwhelming master

Phillip Moore pdm at pobox.com
Mon Feb 25 22:28:49 CET 2008

I'm having an issue where I have about 25 slaves each monitoring 24
FPing targets reporting back to a single master. Things seem to work,
but the master becomes overwhelmed with smokeping.cgi processes and
load goes way up. I've tried setting it up with speedy, and despite
not working quite right, the load is still way too high.

Has anyone done the master/slave setup at this size and had it work
ok?  I don't see anyway to extend the time between reports or to make
sure they are randomized.

Thanks,

-pdm