[smokeping-users] Smokeping Master/Slave

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Mon Mar 10 13:08:02 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 06:22:59AM -0400, Shawn Rose wrote:

> I'm attempting to get Master/Slave working using the latest version
> 2.003002, debian package.

> The master, appears not to be picking up the slave data, even though
> it is being sent to the master.

Hi Shawn,

glad to see someone trying out the new Debian way of configuring this.

I now realize I should have tested it a bit better: the problem is
probably that the httpd user/group (www-data.www-data) doesn't have
write permissions to the RRD files and directories in /var/lib/smokeping,
as they were never needed before the master/slave concept.

I'll try to come up with a clean fix for the next version of the Debian
package, but the workaround should be

# chmod -R g+w /var/lib/smokeping.

Cheers,
--