[smokeping-users] Smokeping daemonizes but can't browse on web

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 17:28:18 CET 2008

Hi here,

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, Eric Chatham wrote:

> I am having a problem with apache and setting up my smokeping.  I
> can't browse to smokeping.cgi with the web browser.  What could be
> wrong?  The smokeping daemonizes properly, but I'm unable to see the
> page; here is a debug session.  I only have one target setup:
>
> [root at happv etc]# ../bin/smokeping --debug
> ### Compiling alert detector pattern 'someloss'
> [snip]

You don't send enough information for anyone to help you.  The debug
output you sent is from the somkeping process but you really need to
look at the log(s) from your Apache process(es).  It would also be
helpful to see exactly how your Apache is configured, exactly what you
do when you attempt to browse to the smokeping Web page, and exactly
what response you get.  From the information you sent, "can't browse"
might easily mean that the URL you gave to the browser was incorrect.

--

73,
Ged.