[smokeping-users] I have a question for help

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Sat Oct 8 12:39:17 CEST 2011

Hi there,

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011, Landy Xiao wrote:

> How to configure slave to calculation the ping' s of time to the
> United States from Shanghai office room

You just need to ping a machine in the USA from a machine in Shanghai.
There are lots of machines in the USA that you can legitimately ping.
Check out http://scanme.org/ for example.

But bear in mind that there are many different endpoints in the USA
and many different routes, and you cannot assume that the ping times
will bear any resemblance to each other.  Some parts of the USA are
several thousand kilometres further away from Shanghai than others!

--

73,
Ged.