[smokeping-users] Smokeping2.6 PERL5LIB Issue and SMS alerts

Shariq Siddiqui shariq.siddiqui at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 20:31:55 CET 2012

Hi Fellows,
My Name is Shariq.
I am new for smokeping and have some questions.
I downloaded smokeping 2.6 and also read the installation instructions but when I run the ./configure file it returns with the errors of CGI::Fast and FCGI modules not present and I have to set PERL5LIB veriable.

After that I also run ./scripts/script-to-download-modules.sh file to download the related perl modules to the directory /opt/smokeping/thirdparty every thing seems OK and it shows that FCGI and CGI::Fast perl modules are up-to-date but during the installation results are same.

What I am missing and where I have to set PERL5LIB? I tried configure file to edit but may be my syntax was wrong or somthing else.

Again, by the help of script I downloaded the modules in /opt/smokeping/thirdparty directory.
Where I have to set PERL5LIB and how to set? what is the right sysntax for it?

2. I also want to configure SMS alerts and/or email alerts (I have SMS gateway and we are using sendsms for other applications to send us alerts and its working fine with us)

Sorry for asking so many things in first mail. But your help will be highly appriciated and It will make me to help others.

Best Regards,

Shariq Siddiqui