[smokeping-users] master_slave problems

Ackermann, Tobias Tobias.Ackermann at kion-ims.com
Mon Jan 23 11:36:04 CET 2012

Hi, I'm a SmokePing beginner.
I installed one master Server and one slave server.
Smokeping runs on both servers on version 2.6.7.
All other tolls like RRD are also installed.

I have the problem; that I can't configure die master and the slave server.
Here my configs.
I hope someone can help me...

Config Slave:

*** Slaves ***
secrets=/etc/smokeping/slavesecrets.conf
#+dehamsmg24
#display_name=dehamsmg24
#color=0000ff

____________________________________

*** Targets ***

probe = FPing

menu = Top
title = Network Latency Grapher
remark = Welcome to the SmokePing website of xxx Company. \
         Here you will learn all about the latency of our network.

+ Local

menu = Local
title = Local Network
#parents = owner:/Test/James location:/

++ LocalMachine

menu = Local Machine
title = This host
host = localhost
#alerts = someloss

____________________________________

In the lavesecrets:

dehamsmg24:password
____________________________________

*** General ***

owner    = Peter Random
contact  = some at address.nowhere
mailhost = my.mail.host
# NOTE: do not put the Image Cache below cgi-bin
# since all files under cgi-bin will be executed ... this is not
# good for images.
cgiurl   = http://some.url/smokeping.cgi
# specify this to get syslog logging
syslogfacility = local0
# each probe is now run in its own process
# disable this to revert to the old behaviour
# concurrentprobes = no

@include /etc/smokeping/config.d/pathnames

____________________________________

*** Database ***

step     = 300
pings    = 20

# consfn mrhb steps total

AVERAGE  0.5   1  1008
AVERAGE  0.5  12  4320
    MIN  0.5  12  4320
    MAX  0.5  12  4320
AVERAGE  0.5 144   720
    MAX  0.5 144   720
    MIN  0.5 144   720

____________________________________

*** Probes ***

+ FPing

binary = /usr/bin/fping

And now the master config:

*** General ***

owner    = my name
contact  = xxx at xx
mailhost = server.domain
cgiurl   = http://deabgsmg41.d400.mh.grp/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi
# specify this to get syslog logging
syslogfacility = local0
# each probe is now run in its own process
# disable this to revert to the old behaviour
# concurrentprobes = no

@include /etc/smokeping/config.d/pathnames

____________________________________

*** Probes ***

+ FPing

binary = /usr/bin/fping

____________________________________

*** Slaves ***
secrets=/etc/smokeping/smokeping_secrets
#+boomer
#display_name=boomer
#color=0000ff

#+slave2
#display_name=another
#color=00ff00

____________________________________

*** Targets ***

probe = FPing

## You have to edit and uncomment all what you want below this.
# Please, refer to smokeping_config man page for more info
# The given adresses aren't real to avoid DoS.

menu = Top
title = Network Latency Grapher
remark = Welcome to the SmokePing website of 'A poorly \
        mantained site running Debian.'

+ Local

menu = Local
title = Local Network

++ LocalMachine

menu = Local Machine
title = This host
host = localhost

+ Global

menu = Global
title = Global

.... And hear the other targets

Best regards,
Tobias

KION Information Management Services GmbH, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Wiesbaden, Registergericht: Wiesbaden HRB 22949, USt-Id-Nr. DE 254777238, Geschäftsführung: Jeffrey R. Smith (Vorsitzender), Bart Wijnen