[smokeping-users] CURL Probe giving 401 Response with Microsoft Reporting Services

Stefano Pirrello spirrello at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 15:54:07 CEST 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to send a CURL probe with NTLM authentication so I
don't receive a 401 response?  I'm trying to probe to a MS Reporting
Services site but I'm only getting 401s and I've setup the NTLM info
on the probe but it doesn't seem to be working.  Using 301 redirects
won't suffice my needs, I need to know the application is up and
serving pages.

++ Curl
probe = Curl
extraargs = --NTLM -u "DOMAIN\USERNAME:PASSWORD"
urlformat = http://%host%
#forks = 10
#step = 60
pings = 20