[smokeping-users] Master/Slave: slaves not updating targets

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 12:03:04 CET 2013

Hi there,

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013, Tobias Brunner wrote:

> I'm running a Master/Slave setup of Smokeping. Everything seems fine ...

Er, not quite everything... :)

> Updating the master with new targets does not update the slaves, they don't
> get new configuration data automatically (even after waiting several hours),
> only restarting the slave picks up the new targets.
>
> Another strange thing: Sometimes I need to restart the slaves several times
> The slaves are correctly configured, because after a few restarts they pick-up
> their configuration.

I have never seen Smokeping do anything like this, but I have seen
similar problems with other, unrelated software and the cause has
usually been a confused configuration.  Perhaps you have more than one
script starting Smokeping, or perhaps you even have more than one
version of Smokeping installed.

Which operating system and /or distribution are you using?  Have you
by any chance installed both the package maintainer's version and a
source version?

--

73,
Ged.