[smokeping-users] Sorter and slaves

sangdrax8 sangdrax8 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 14:31:55 CET 2013

I have setup a master/slave configuration which seems to completely working
with the exception of the charts (stddev, etc).

I setup a master on a machine which I did not allow access to the internet.
 I then setup two slaves both with internet access.  I have all my Targets
setup so the master does not check them, and I assign checks to each slave.
 I did have to edit the permissions on the data directory on the master to
allow the apache server to write the data from the slaves.  Once I did
that, I now have live data from both slaves.  I just don't know why the
Charts aren't working when all my data comes from slaves.

On the webpage all I see is:

Top Standard Deviation

No targets returned by the sorter.

The apache logs show that the sorter seems to be dropping the data, but I
don't know why.

apache error log:

Warning: Dropping median/slave1_View/slave1_google~slave1.test.net from
sortercache

Can anyone help me out here?  These aren't critical, so I can always just
remove this section from the web gui, but I do like them.  It would be nice
if they would work with my slaves.