[smokeping-users] Smokeping false packet loss?

Erik Taraldsen eriktar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 11:23:35 CET 2016

I do suspect I also have false loss in my graphs.  I'm on a DSL line
with multicast IPTV.  The IPTV does not have any retransmitt or error
correction, and I extremly rearly see any blocking in the image.
Also, manual pings very rearly have any loss.  But according to my 10
day graphs I'm lossing 3/20.

Available over IPv6 here:
http://monitor03.dyndns.org/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi?target=PING.VG4

Note: I have a SamKnows probe and an Atlas probe here also.  They do
send a lot of ICMP.  I may be hitting a rate limiter somewhere.

https://atlas.ripe.net/probes/12834/

SamKnows Unit ID 660860

-Erik