[mrtg-developers] Beta patch for 2.9.27 running over IPv6 transport.

Rafael Martínez Torres rafael.martinez at novagnet.com
Tue Apr 8 17:32:44 MEST 2003

Hi all there:
I do introduce a patch for make MRTG run on IPv6 transport.

Please, note that it is Beta version. It's a bit delayed becuase 2.9.28
has been delivered. Today I will start to patch 2.9.28. Sould be re
leased at, for example, 2.9.30 ...?

SNMP modules, a bit of parsing at cfgmaker have been changed, and what
is most important, an structural study on what official modules of Perl
should be necesary include in the future release .

Also a tar file with html pages from queries against a net-snmp Pc-box
Agent is attached. The MIB is about an IPv4 entry, but the transport has
been really tested on IPv6 transport.

Colaboration is requested for:
    o Patching configure files to detect automatically the modules
Socket6 and the module IO::Socket:INET6 at Perl...

Read the README for more detailed instructions on setup, bugs detected
but not fixed...

Other requested software tar-balls, like stable.tar.gz and
Socket6-0.11.tar.gz are widely available at www.cpan.org

Only manager-query funcionalities have been tested .

Regards. Waiting you find it interesting, ...

Rafael Martinez Torres.

-- Type: text/plain
-- Size: 7k (8139 bytes)

-- Type: text/plain