[mrtg-developers] Re: Large values

jordi.macia.f at lacaixa.es jordi.macia.f at lacaixa.es
Wed Jan 14 10:44:09 MET 2004

No, it's always below MaxBytes (but near). I'm not sure about if there is
any pattern. I'll investigate it.

Jordi.

  Usuario remitente:               Tobias                Fecha de Entrega:
                                   Oetiker             13/01/2004 21:53:29

Empresa:           ee.ethz.ch
Destinatario(s):   JORDI MACIA FERRER
Copia a (cc):      Mrtg Mailinglist
Referencia:        Re: [mrtg-developers] Large values

Today jordi.macia.f at lacaixa.es wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Sometimes, when there is a communication problem between the target
device
> and the monitoring server where MRTG is running, instead of an UNKOWN
> value, MRTG puts a wrong value (very large) into the database (RRD or
.log
> file). Does anybody know why does it hapen and how to avoid this? This is
> not the "flat line" issue documented in the MRTG FAQ.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jordi Macia.

Hi Jordi,

is the Large value larger than MaxBytes ? You say sometimes, is
there any pattern ?

tobi

> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
 /_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker   +41(0)1-632-5286