[mrtg-developers] Re: cfgmaker reports wrong Max Speed with SNMPv2 (2.10.15)

Larry Fahnoe fahnoe at FahnoeTech.com
Tue Nov 23 14:50:57 MET 2004

Alex,

I pointed out what I was observing and where I thought the problem
was.  As I see it, when using SNMPv2 against a bunch of cisco routers
here, some interface speeds are being reported incorrectly by mrtg,
and yes, I consider this a bug.  I see that cfgmaker seeks to make a
bunch of decisions about what the correct values should be, and I see
that there is some attempt in the code to adjust to improper values.
My assertion is that it is not handling this particular case, and that
I do not see an obvious fix for the problem, thus my attempt to
document what I'm observing so that someone who is more familiar with
the code can offer either a fix or advice.

Given the number of cisco routers out there, what is your opinion of
the problem that I've reported?  Are my observations and judgment off
base?

--Larry

--
Larry Fahnoe, Fahnoe Technology Consulting, fahnoe at FahnoeTech.com
952/925-0744      Minneapolis, Minnesota       www.FahnoeTech.com