[mrtg-developers] Announcement mrtg 2.15.0
tobi at oetiker.ch
Wed Dec 6 01:21:44 MET 2006
I have put mrtg 2.15.0 up on
This release contains quite a number of new features and a
performance increase for rrdtool.
Changes 2.15.0, 2006-12-05
From: Stefan.Schnitter t-systems.com
* Free positioning of a generated ifIndex in the OID string using
the magic IndexPOS keyword
From: Tobi oetiker.ch
* When doing threshold checking with rrdtool, there was a very
expensive 'getting the data back with rrdinfo and rrdfetch' cycle
after each rrdupdate. with rrdtool 1.2 and the updatev function
this is not necessary anymore the new code speeds up mrtg cycle
time by a factor of 3 to 10 depending on your platform.
* Threshold Un-Borken Messages will only be generated when the
value is 10%
away from the threshold. Configurable via ThreshHyst
* New function thresholdmail lets you send an email when a
threshold is broken. This feature talks directly to the
mailserver and does not require any external programs.
* New template writers helper function in cfgmaker - oid_pick. It
tests if a device is willing to supply information regarding a
particular oid. This makes template writing much more plesant.
* added new tool mrtg-traffic-sum to build traffic stats based on
the content of your mrtg log (not rrd) files.
* mrtg running with rrdtool can now do sub-minute resolution if the
interval is specified like that: 0:30 ... note that you can not
change the resolution of an existing rrd file. So this will only
have the desired effect on new rrds. Also note that the graphing
frontend may need changes too to be able to deal with the new
interval type. Internally interval is now a float!
* new debug option 'prof' to see how long rrdtool spends on its
From: Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald austinenergy.com
* fixed snmpv3 support in cfgmaker
Tobi Oetiker, OETIKER+PARTNER AG, Aarweg 15 CH-4600 Olten
http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902
Unsubscribe mailto:mrtg-developers-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=unsubscribe
Help mailto:mrtg-developers-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=help
More information about the mrtg-developers