[mrtg-developers] mrtg question

John Newman jnn at webii.net
Thu Sep 7 19:18:25 MEST 2006

Hello,

I've got MRTG working perfectly graphing all the data flowing through
our various switches at the colo facility, even traced which mac address
in which port belonged to which server for nice labelling.   However,
my boss bills based on total bandwidth used per month by a client, and I
was curious if anyone knew of any tricks to take the data MRTG is
already getting for me and convert that into a total byte (more likely
gigabye) count of traffic used for a given port?  Does anyone know of
any code floating around that works toward this, or have any
suggestions?

thanks alot!

--
John Newman