[mrtg-developers] Erroneous results acquired

Faaiq Ebrahim Khan Faaiq.EbrahimKhan at is.co.za
Tue Jul 3 11:50:22 CEST 2007

Hi,

I wonder if any of you guys can help with a problem that I have? I wish
to acquire data of utilization on Gig E interfaces on a Cisco 7200. I
use the OID's ifInOctets and ifOutOctets in my config file reading the
32bit counters. The graphs produced seem to be displaying incorrect
results. I am comparing my results to that acquired by cricket. I'm sure
that my syntax is correct. See syntax below for interface 149.

Target[<name>]: ifInOctets.149&ifOutOctets.149:<communitystring>@<device

Another problem I found is that I cannot get any data usung 64bit
counter OID's, ie. ifHCInOctets and ifHCOutOctets.

Thanks,

Faiqo

Please note: This email and its content are subject to the disclaimer as displayed at the following link http://www.is.co.za/legal/E-mail+Confidentiality+Notice+and+Disclaimer.htm. Should you not have Web access, send a mail to disclaimers at is.co.za and a copy will be emailed to you.