[mrtg-developers] Mathematical operations on OIDs

S Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Aug 28 02:45:08 CEST 2009

This is not possible as you state it; Target line calculations can only be done on an OID pair.  However you might achieve it like this:

Target[targetname]: oid1&oid3:comm. at host - ( oid2&oid4:comm at host * 5 + ( pseudoZero&oid4:comm. at host * 5 ) )

Note that the spaces around the brackets and arithmetic signs are essential.  'pseudoZero' is a magic MRTG virtualOID that always resolves to zero.

Check the documentation on complex calculated Target lines online at www.mrtg.org<http://www.mrtg.org/> or get a copy of the book from www.steveshipway.org/book<http://www.steveshipway.org/book>

Your example below is using oid4x10 in one place but oid4x8 in another but I guess that's just a typo.

Steve