[mrtg-developers] Mathematical operations on OIDs

nisha nisha.sasindran at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 14:31:26 CEST 2009

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the response. But my graph needs to have only the positive values
and not negative values.
The negative values are caused because the oid3 - (oid4 * 10) calculation
returns a negative value.
In my case when oid3 - (oid4 * 10) is a negative value (not always though),
how can i handle them in mrtg?

And another query is what will happen if the 4 counters (oid1 to oid4)
overflow?
For example, the oid4 counter resets at a slower rate than the oid3 counter.
There are chances of getting a spike on the graph when oid3 value is very
high and oid4 value is negligible and
oid3 - (oid4 * 10) is approx equal to oid3.
how can we handle this scenario?

Regards,
Nisha