[mrtg] Re: Long-term data stability

Don R Maxwell don.maxwell at usa.net
Sun Aug 1 16:06:08 MEST 1999

Hello Alan!

This is precisely something that IS needed.  In my organization, I have used
MRTG on my own and it now has many people choosing to examaine network
traffic by means of it instead of a costly commerical package which claims
support for the aliasing you describe.  (As a note, I do not believe this
aliasing feature has been enabled or configured on our "official" traffic
polling program.)

Since I don't consider myself to be a programmer, I have not pursued such.
However, I would be delighted to assist in the development or testing in any
way that I can.

     --Don