[mrtg] MRTG and IBM2210

Nagy Attila bra at insomnia.rulez.org
Sun Aug 1 23:07:20 MEST 1999

Hello,

I'm monitoring our IBM 2210 router with MRTG (traffic analysis), but now i
have to access to the router's environment and memory informations too.
These informations have MIB files, but i can't figure out which SNMP
variables should i specify to MRTG.
So one of the MIB files can be accessible at:
ftp://ftp.nways.raleigh.ibm.com/pub/netmgmt/2210/MRS_3.3.0.0/proteon.mib

>From this MIB i want to monitor the proCurrentTemp variable, but what
should i give to MRTG?
I'm using a 2.8.x version and the above MIB could successfully loaded into
MRTG but i cannot access the wanted info.

Can somebody help?

ps: my big question is: if i get a specific MIB how can i figure out the
variable names which i can give MRTG to monitor them?

Thanks!

---
Attila Nagy         \  Phone: (361)-210-1415/194
System Administrator  \
Kalman Kando Technical  \ iRC: bra on iRCNET
College Budapest, Hungary \ Info: 'finger bra at ns.insomnia.rulez.org'