[mrtg] Can It be Done with MRTG ??

Javier Tan javier_tan at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 6 03:40:28 MEST 1999

Hi All,

I've been monitoring a couple of switches with MRTG, and it's doing the job
beautifully.

But now,I'm having trouble monitoring the switches by VPI/VCI. I've actually
tried getting the data by using OIDs. Here's how I do it :

"OID_1.<port_number>&OID_2.<port_number>:Community_name at IP_address."

If I comprehend correctly( please correct me if I'm wrong ) that is what is
in the "config.txt".

I've tried adding OIDs into "SNMP_util.pm", but that fails too.
I'm pretty sure I'm holding on to the correct OIDs.

I have the following questions:

1. What is the usage of the "atmmaker"  ?? Should I be using that instead ?

2. Can VPI/VCI be monitored at all,since I have the OIDs pointing to them ??
( I might be doing it wrongly, please correct me if I'm doing it wrongly. )

3. Must I add OIDs to the "SNMP_Util.pm" module  ??

4. Can anyone please show me the correct Syntax for "polling" by IP address
??

By the way, I'm monitoring a IBM Switch.

Please feel free to send me an email if you need further details.

I would really appreciateit,if anyone could help me out on this.

Kudos to the Gurus, and thanks in advance !!!

Javier Tan
Network Support Team