[mrtg] Can It be Done with MRTG ??
javier_tan at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 6 03:40:28 MEST 1999
I've been monitoring a couple of switches with MRTG, and it's doing the job
But now,I'm having trouble monitoring the switches by VPI/VCI. I've actually
tried getting the data by using OIDs. Here's how I do it :
"OID_1.<port_number>&OID_2.<port_number>:Community_name at IP_address."
If I comprehend correctly( please correct me if I'm wrong ) that is what is
in the "config.txt".
I've tried adding OIDs into "SNMP_util.pm", but that fails too.
I'm pretty sure I'm holding on to the correct OIDs.
I have the following questions:
1. What is the usage of the "atmmaker" ?? Should I be using that instead ?
2. Can VPI/VCI be monitored at all,since I have the OIDs pointing to them ??
( I might be doing it wrongly, please correct me if I'm doing it wrongly. )
3. Must I add OIDs to the "SNMP_Util.pm" module ??
4. Can anyone please show me the correct Syntax for "polling" by IP address
By the way, I'm monitoring a IBM Switch.
Please feel free to send me an email if you need further details.
I would really appreciateit,if anyone could help me out on this.
Kudos to the Gurus, and thanks in advance !!!
Network Support Team
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
* To unsubscribe from the mrtg mailing list, send a message with the
subject: unsubscribe to mrtg-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
* The mailing list archive is at http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg
More information about the mrtg