[mrtg] Re: changing timeout setting

Tim Kennedy sugarat at thunderhold.sugarat.net
Fri Aug 6 21:49:51 MEST 1999

Or you can just go hacking around in SNMP_session.pm. :)
Which is what I did, as I am not interested in wonky
the interface doesn't exist errors.  I know that the
hardware interface map on my routers changes sometimes,
so I rebuild the configs every night, remove any stale lockfiles,
and start over.  I use this for the longterm Monthly and Yearly
graphs, and with frequent network funkiness, I prefer to skip
a 5 minute poll every now and then and catch it on the next round.
Especially with customers who power off their routers at 5pm
and all weekend.  :)

It's all in the environment.

-Tim

ps.  make sure you get the correct SNMP_session.pm.
editing the wrong one won't do anything. or you can just
supress the errors.

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Stieers, Ken wrote:

> Look in the config.html file for the Target definition section.
>
> Ken
>

> > From: Pat Durham [mailto:patd at ppsf.com]
> >
> > I was wondering if I needed to change the timeout value to something
> > longer than 2secs?  Does this sound like a likely solution?  If so,
> > where would I change that setting?

Timothy Kennedy
sugarat.net, Network Management Resources
http://www.sugarat.net