[mrtg] Duplicate IP?

cpt2 at daimlerchrysler.com cpt2 at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Aug 9 21:29:07 MEST 1999

I don't know if this is off topic, but is there a utility that will
send an alarm when there is a duplicate IP on the network/subnet?

Does anyone know?

I've tried Network Sniffer that has that ability, but it's under
Station, and to my understading it will send an alarm when it detect a
duplicate IP to IT's OWN IP (the maching the sniffer is running on).

Due to the nature of the systems I"m monitoring, it happens that once
in a while a duplicate IP is setup on 2 devices.  I would like to be
able to detect this and be informed (email/alpha pager) of this.

If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Cheers,
Chris