[mrtg] Manipulating the mrtg.cfg files

Warren Van Der Merwe warrenvdm at is.co.za
Tue Aug 17 14:43:13 MEST 1999

Hi all

My question to all of you is, I would like to manipulate the .cfg file so
that when it creates the .html file, each of the graphics are hyperlinked to
a html document which has links to a number of 'history' images. (I copy the
days .gif file with a cron job at 23:55 and rename it to the current date in
the format 'ddmmyyyy' (i.e. the file would be 17081999-day.gif))

So, if I have click on stats for interface 1 and then click on the resultant
'Daily' graph, it would take me to a page called '10.10.10.10.1.daily.html'
(i.e. Target name plus .daily.html) From there I can have links to the
actual gif images (table view showing all available gif images)

It is important for me to be able to move between logs, i.e. Look at last
weeks Daily Graph and compare it to todays. I know there is going to be alot
of work involved but I have to do it.

P.S. Originally I though of designing my own HTML file and have links to the
graphs, using frontpage I could then create a hyperlink to the page as I
want it. Problem solved!???? The problem is, I don't know how to get the
information below the graph (Max IN/Out, Averages In/Out, Percentages, etc)
into this new HTML file I created and this is really useful information.

Anyone got any suggestions?