[mrtg] SNMP Error

A. Karim karim at thehub.co.uk
Tue Aug 24 11:12:49 MEST 1999

hi,
I using the snmp daemon on linux to get snmp information.
I am trying to get the cfgmaker tool to generate all the router specific
parts of the configuration
When I type the following command to get the information:    ./cfgmaker
public at routerip

I get the following error:
            SNMP Error:
                             receiving response PDU:  Connection refused

            then gives the info about how it tried to connect.

and then the last line contains the following:
SNMPGET Problem for sysDescr sysContact sysName sysLocation on
public at routerip.

As I understand it I need to set up the agent but I am not sure exactly
how how.  can anyone assist me on this?   With this information I cannot
set up the mrtg.cfg file.

Thanks.

--
Abdul Karim