[mrtg] Re: Temperature monitoring

Roy Rapoport rsr at inorganic.org
Wed Aug 25 16:55:00 MEST 1999

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Kevin Sheard wrote:
> Does anyone have the OID for monitoring environmental status of Cisco kit? I'm
> particularly looking for temperature info.

We use 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.1.3.1.  This works for both our 7500 and our
7000.  One thing to point out (though it's probably somewhat obvious) is
that you can't rely on it to point out _external_ tempoerature (like the
temperature in your server room) -- only the internal temp, which means
that you can use it to see if things are going bad or if there's a bad
trend, but not for overall temp monitoring.  Which is why we use dedicated
RS232 sensors for that :)

-roy