[mrtg] Re: Cisco Catalyst 5500

gaetan.claeys at MOBILE.BELGACOM.BE gaetan.claeys at MOBILE.BELGACOM.BE
Wed Aug 25 17:42:38 MEST 1999

Hi Kevin,

When you run cfgmaker from your mrtg server, the created target are
something like:

target[10.1.1.2.23]: 23:public at 10.1.1.2

10.1.1.2 is the ip address of your Catalyst
23 is the IFindex value of your Catalyst port. I don't remember the command
to use to see this value from the Catalyst CLI, but if you have Traffic
Director, thoses values are indicated when you select a switch port to
monitor.

I think it must be possible to ask to mrtg to look at the port name but I
still have't found how to do it.

Please, forward me any interesting information.

Regards,
Gaetan