[mrtg] Re: protocol monitoring

Kyle Maxwell kyle.maxwell at telops.gte.com
Thu Aug 26 21:07:24 MEST 1999

If you run them through a firewall, you may be able to use that. For example, some firewalls have their own MIB's (that mrtg will have to parse) that will allow you to track this sort of data.

--
Kyle Maxwell
ofc 972.507.4652   HQM05C81
kyle.maxwell at telops.gte.com
Systems Engineer (Firewall Security)
GTE EIPS
---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Paul Nelson" <pnelson at biblio.org>, on 8/26/99 2:01 PM:

Is it possible to monitor various protocols passed through cisco routers.  I would like to graph say telnet, http, ftp etc.  Basically breaking down the total traffic into different components so i may better inform my users of the amount of say work related traffic to pure web goof off.  If anyone has done this, do you have the oid/mib's to make this so?

thanks,

Paul Nelson
pnelson at biblio.org