[mrtg] conftest.c error?

Clint Alexander Clint.Alexander at corp.ptd.net
Tue Aug 31 16:16:52 MEST 1999

Compiling mrtg for UnixWare:
--
MRTG 2.8.6
GD 1.6.3
libpng 1.0.3
zlib1.1.3
--

I have ran into a problem compiling on UnixWare.
It seems to miss the file 'conftest.c'.
I had searched for this file through the entire system.
I also searched the entire SunOS system we had installed it
successfully before, without any luck.
When running configure, it says:
----
 checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
 checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no

 **The GD library is required for rateup to compile.
   Get it from http://www.boutell.com, compile it and
   use either --with-gd=DIR or
   --with-gd-lib=DIR and --with-gd-inc=DIR to specify
   its location. You might also have to use --with-z-* and
   --with-png-* for gd versions 1.6 and higher
------

However, it was installed into /usr/local/* and I had
specified  --with-*-lib & --with-*-inc =/usr/local/<dir>
Still failed to find the GD library.
The config.log states:
------

configure:1002: checking for gdImageGif in -lgd
configure:1021: cc -o conftest -g   -lm -lgd conftest.c -lgd   1>&5
gdImageGif                          conftest.o
UX:ld: ERROR: conftest: fatal error:
	Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
------

I had searched everywhere and through all the files for conftest.c
and did not find it.

Am I on the right track here, or has anyone else ran into this problem.

Clint Alexander
clinta at corp.ptd.net
PenTeleData Engineering Dept.

[- Over-Estimate everything, and nothing will surprise you -]

-HV