[mrtg] Re: Re: Re[2]: lib error

Bruce Funk funkb at giis.tnoc.5sigcmd.army.mil
Sat Dec 4 17:02:20 MET 1999

>If you need to call /etc/profile (or any other setup script) into your
>environment when running a command via cron, you can do something similar to
>the following:
>
>0 0,4,8,12,16,20 * * * /bin/sh -c  '. /path/to/my/setup/script;
>/my/program/to/run'

depending on how many variables you need to set, they can also be set on the crontab
command line....

>0 0,4,8,12,16,20 * * * LD_LIB=blah;/path/to/my/setup/script;

you may or may not need to include an export statement, depending on how the
variable is used in your script.
-Bruce_
|  Bruce Funk                       Internet: funkb at tnoc.5sigcmd.army.mil    |
| Technical Director                Compuserve:  BruceFunk at compuserve.com    |
| DATA NETWORKS CONTROL CENTER        5th Signal Command  DCSOPS             |