[mrtg] Re: commas in an external command

Justin Shore macdaddy at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Mon Dec 6 19:04:13 MET 1999

At 5:33 PM +0000 12/6/99, ronan at kerna.ie wrote:

>   title[bogon.kerna.ie:load]: Load on bogon.kerna.ie
>   pagetop[bogon.kerna.ie:load]: Load on bogon.kerna.ie
>   target[bogon.kerna.ie:load]:
>`/usr/users/ronan/mrtg/scripts/getload
>/usr/users/alan/bb/www/logs/bogon,kerna,ie.cpu`
>   maxbytes[bogon.kerna.ie:load]: 1000000
>   options[bogon.kerna.ie:load]: gauge, growright, noinfo

Ronan,

	Try using a combination of single quotes an double quotes
around your logfile name.  It would look like this minus the wrapping:

>   target[bogon.kerna.ie:load]:
>`/usr/users/ronan/mrtg/scripts/getload
>"/usr/users/alan/bb/www/logs/bogon,kerna,ie.cpu"`
(maybe with ' ' instead)

That would probably do it for ya.  If not then just make a simple
shell script than runs getload correctly and call that from MRTG.  In
all my setups I create the config and the assorted scripts to data
and format it right and a shell script to run MRTG with that config
file.  Then I call that shell script in my crontab or by hand.  Saves
a bunch of time in the end for me.  good luck!

Justin