[mrtg] utilization calculation with mrtg

Phil philn at toosan.com
Mon Dec 13 23:21:07 MET 1999

I am trying to graph the utilization of the ethernet interface of one of my
routers.  I saw "someplace" how to do math with the OIDS that are pulled by
mrtg, but cannot seem to find that information again.

Is anyone doing utilization percentage of an ethernet interface with mrtg?  Can
someone point me in the direction of "math calculations with OIDs" in the
documentation?

ethernet if util = (100*(# of frames * (160) + octets * 8)) / ((time int in
secs) * (speed in bps)) per "RMON" by David T. Perkins p54

Thanks!

Phil