[mrtg] Re: enviornment device

Tim Kennedy sugarat at thunderhold.sugarat.net
Mon Dec 20 15:23:30 MET 1999

There are several.  For about $70US, you can get the APC Measure-Ups-II,
which when used in combo with the APC Snmp Adapter (also about $70US),
will report ambient temperature of the site, relative humidity, and
various voltage and battery stats on the UPS.
You do need to have an APC UPS equpped with a smart slot.
If you apc ups only has one smarto slot, then you will need an external
chassis for the snmp adapter, while the Measure_ups card uses the avaiable
smart slot.
Also, depending on your UPS serial number, you may need the external
chassis and power supply for the snmp adapter.  :)

Aren't you glad they make it easy?

Cheers,

-Tim