[mrtg] Strange Problem

Leonardo Rodrigues coelho at persogo.com.br
Mon Jul 5 21:42:08 MEST 1999

    Hello People,

    Well, I'm trying to monitor the number of messages sent by my Lotus
Domino Server. I installed Notes SNMP Agent, recompiled the NT mib including
domino.mib, everything OK.

    The strange fact is. As the number of messages IS a counter, i just use
the nopercent ( no gauge, no absolute ) on the Options of the target. As
result, i get something like:

[root at krusty notes]# head mta01msgs.log
931201881 1470 1470
931201881 0 0 0 0
931201515 0 0 0 0

and always ONLY the first line is updated. There's no calculate between the
two measures. On the next mrtg run, only the first line is updated, and my
graph is all zeros. The value on the first line is OK, the correct OID
retrieved.

Just for curiosity, I added a gauge on the Options, and it graphs fine ( of
course, things are just going up ), but it graphs !

What can I be doing wrong ???

This is the log file some minutes after the gauge option was added.
[root at krusty notes]# head mta01msgs.log
931203367 1512 1512
931203367 1512 1512 1512 1512
931203073 1507 1507 1507 1507
931203000 1507 1507 1507 1507