[mrtg] Re: 2.7.5

Dave Rose Dave_Rose at MBnet.MB.CA
Thu Jul 8 22:25:47 MEST 1999

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Tim Kennedy wrote:

> Dave,
>
> You are probably going to have to do that outside then read the resulting
> data into mrtg.
>
> Write yourself a perl script that will poll the devices you want for the
> data you need.  Add the numbers for in & out, and write it to a file in
> the format of
>
> <$var1>
> <$var2>
> output of uptime
> hostname
>
> Then you can change your target line to
>
> Target[ezwf]:`cat output.file`

That's what I've done and it works fine. I was just trying to save myself
writing a little summation program.

                           ___      MBnet Networking Inc.
      Dave Rose           |   |__
                          |MBnet/   118A Engineering Building
System Administrator      |    /    15 Gillson Street
Voice: (204) 474-7465     |    |    Winnipeg, Manitoba
FAX:   (204) 474-7652     |____|    R3T 5V6