[mrtg] Re: GD no longer available, what does this mean for MR TG and rrdtool?

gary.post at amd.com gary.post at amd.com
Tue Jul 13 02:31:08 MEST 1999

apparently i slept through the exact cause of all this chaff about not being
able to find GD - forgive me, i live in a lab where phones do not work -
*however* - has anyone checked out their distributions yet

RH 5.2	/RedHat/rpms/gd-1_3-3.rpm		on disk 1
	or
RH 6.0	/RedHat/rpms/gd-1_3-5.i386.rpm		on disk 1

i know that the other distributions also have the sources too

this all sounds like someone (suite type person with the sphincter muscle
not quite tight enough to keep the foreskin from closing over the top of his
head) thinking that he can maximize profits by making this proprietary - now
if someone has seen a link that gives somewhat of an explanation about the
details, i would appreciate it - please send it privately and not to the
list ;->  -   - does anyone remember the fuss over *.arc compressed files
(before *.zip became the standard and before the one true OS) - it was a
similar situation, he won the court case and EVERYONE quit using arc
utilities :-)

  _______
  \____  | Advanced  Gary Post  Systems Engineering & Validation
  /|   | | Micro                Texas Microprocessor Division
 |____/ \|              Voice:  512.602.2634   Pgr: 512.603.4881