[mrtg] Re: performing math on snmp pulls

Todd Robert White twhite at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 16 15:51:08 MEST 1999

ok, well let me clear up my question some.  I want to graph ((served
-Fetched)/served) * 100

I have done a graph of the objects fetched and served on the same graph
but what I'm really trying to track is the white space between the two
which can be pretty small at times.  Here are some of the configs I've
tried:

Target[fetched_sub_served]:
(.1.3.6.1.4.1.1967.3.1.2.1.3.1.13.0:public at 205.x.x.x -
.1.3.6.1.4.1.1967.3.1.2.1.3.1.7.0:public at 205.x.x.x) /
.1.3.6.1.4.1.1967.3.1.2.1.3.1.13.0:public at 205.x.x.x

Target[fetched_sub_served]:
((.1.3.6.1.4.1.1967.3.1.2.1.3.1.13.0&.1.3.6.1.4.1.1967.3.1.2.1.3.1.13.0:public at 205.x.x.x)
-
(.1.3.6.1.4.1.1967.3.1.2.1.3.1.7.0&.1.3.6.1.4.1.1967.3.1.2.1.3.1.7.0:public at 205.x.x.x))
/
(.1.3.6.1.4.1.1967.3.1.2.1.3.1.13.0&.1.3.6.1.4.1.1967.3.1.2.1.3.1.13.0:public at 205.x.x.x)

Can someone point out what I'm doing wrong?