[mrtg] Re: External Scripts

Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt glratt at is.rice.edu
Sat Jul 17 22:54:59 MEST 1999

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Leigh Welton wrote:

> Hi, I use an external script for MRTG and it gets the current in/out
> bytes and uptime and name of the Box and sends it to MRTG but it
> doesn't graph it?? How come? is it sposed to be Octets or what??

	By "doesn't graph", do you mean the graph shows a flat line at
	0 (which may look like no data graphed at all) ? If so, you
	may be providing differential (in/out since last poll) rather
	than absolute (in/out ever) data; in such a case you need
	to use the "absolute" or "gauge" option.

		-g

Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt       glratt at rice.edu
http://is.rice.edu/~glratt         Neil Talian?
"Hatred is a self-indulgence [we] cannot afford." - Bill Bradley