[mrtg] Re: gd1.6 with PNG format files!

Morten S. Nielsen msn at ipt.dtu.dk
Mon Jul 19 11:26:52 MEST 1999

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Yozo Toda wrote:

[snip]

> BTW, mrtg-2.7.5/images/mrtg-m.gif contains six pictures
> (WWW browser displays it as rotating "G").
> gif2png (see <ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/png/applications/>)
> translates it to six PNG files, mrtg-m.p01, ... mrtg-m.p05, mrtg-m.png.
> how can I use this?
> (or, how can I generate animation PNG?)

I guess you cannot...

We will all have to wait for the mng standard to have propagated...
see: http://www.cdrom.com/pub/mng

But then again it is the software /generating/ the gif's that's
copyrighted, not the GIF's themselves. So if Tobi want's to use GIF I
don't think we as users are to decide that he must not, allthough I'm for
abandoning GIFs totally.

BTW for all the europeans: The americans are leaning on us to make
software patents legal i the EU the same way they are i the US and Japan.
I'm not totally against patents on software, but I do think the american
practise is ridiculous.

For more about the patent issue see: http://www.freepatents.org/

Servicepack SR12 for NT. Available at www.linux.org

--    Morten S. Nielsen    mailto:msn at ipt.dtu.dk
--
--  |   Linux - the choice of a GNU generation   |
--  |      Skaane Sjaelland Linux User Group     |