[mrtg] Re: Listar command results: appsub mrtg aaron at digitalspeed.com 3794151B:2BBE:zegt

root aaron at digitalspeed.com
Tue Jul 20 08:31:32 MEST 1999

hi everybody,

I'm new at both MRTG and Linux, so please excuse me if this is RTFM
(and please tell me where the FM is!!)

I got MRTG up and going just fine, and I want to monitor a couple of
macs...
so i installed snmp and simply coppied the 'public' community to one
called MRTG.

first mac, a Imac with built in ethernet was N/P.  working great.

second mac, a 6100 is just not working.

I'm thinking it's snmp may not be monitoring the aaui/ethernet port?

cfg maker gives me the following error:

######## This Interface is one of the following
######## - administratively not UP
######## - it is in test mode
######## - it is a softwareLoopback interface
######## - has a unrealistic speed setting
######## It is commented out for this reason.
########
#
# Target[the.computer.3]: 3:mrtg at the.computer
# MaxBytes[the.computer.3]: 0
# Title[the.computer.3]: informer (): Ethernet

I tried changing maxbytes to 2500000 but that didn't do it.  so how do I
determine the problem? / fix it?