[mrtg] smtp-stats problem

Faisal faisal at wol.net.pk
Thu Jul 22 12:53:46 MEST 1999

hi,

Is anybody using mrtg-mail  script for sendmail stats by  "rachel polanskis".

well I have been trying to use this script to graph my sendmail 8.9.0 stats.

I have addes smtp-stats in services and inetd.conf.
and if I do a telnet to that very port I do get the mailstats.

then I copied the mailstat script into /usr/local/bin.
And if I use this script " perl5 /usr/local/bin/mailstat, I do get the desired result.

but when I try to parse it through mrtg it gives me error,

/usr/bin/perl5	/usr/local/mrtg/run/mrtg		/usr/local/bin/mrt/run/mail.cfg

error:

/usr/bin/perl5 /usr/local/mrtg-2.7.2/run/mrtg /usr/local/mrtg-2.7.2/run/mailstats.cfg
syntax error in file /usr/local/bin/mailstats at line 16, next 2 tokens "use Socket"
syntax error in file /usr/local/bin/mailstats at line 28, next 2 tokens "getOldStats("
syntax error in file /usr/local/bin/mailstats at line 30, next 2 tokens "getStats("
syntax error in file /usr/local/bin/mailstats at line 39, next 2 tokens "my("
syntax error in file /usr/local/bin/mailstats at line 41, next 2 tokens "my("
syntax error in file /usr/local/bin/mailstats at line 47, next 2 tokens "my("
syntax error in file /usr/local/bin/mailstats at line 54, next 2 tokens "my("
syntax error in file /usr/local/bin/mailstats at line 57, next 2 tokens "my("
syntax error in file /usr/local/bin/mailstats at line 59, next 2 tokens "chomp("
syntax error in file /usr/local/bin/mailstats at line 65, next 2 tokens "inet_aton("
/usr/local/bin/mailstats has too many errors.
Could not get any data from external command '/usr/local/bin/mailstats'
Maybe the external command did not even start. (No such file or directory)

Can some one help me out , what exactly is going wrong ??

thanx & regards,

Faisal