[mrtg] Re: OID for modem current connection rate under Linux?

Joey Officer jofficer at insidehouston.org
Sun Jul 25 01:37:51 MEST 1999

You need to find the OID for (most likely) ppp0  and monitor this link.  I
doubt that it will be something that has a default, because of each system
being different.  An snmpwalk should reveal the proper OID for ppp0.  Or, if
you are using the Linux box as a gateway for the rest of your network, then
you 'could' just monitor the eth0 and watch the traffic on that port.

If you need any other help tracking down the OID, just reply, I'll see if I
can help you further.

Joey Officer
Quality Publishing, Inc.
Systems Analysts