[mrtg] Re: MRTG and 2 CPU with NT

cpt2 at daimlerchrysler.com cpt2 at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jul 29 17:14:33 MEST 1999

Well we all know how bad MS implemented SNMP on NT.  NEedless to say
Ive tried to monitor dual CPU servers without much avail.  Until I
found out this:  If the server is brand name (ie Compaq) you can get
the proper SNMP implementation from the company.  Compaq has Insight
Agent software that will allow you to monitor both CPU properly.  Funny
thing is that when you open task manager on a dual CPU machine, it
shows the CPU load properly, but not with SNMP.

Thanks Mike...

Cheers,
Chris

BTW I haven't got a chance to install Inishgt Agent yet..

 <c=fr%a=_%p=davigel%l=exchange-990729130033z-862- at intranet.davigel.fr>
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/mrtg/?start=6807