[mrtg] Re: Cisco processor problems

David Ashamalla (SRN) DavidA at KPCORP.com
Fri Jul 30 20:31:42 MEST 1999

The error I get is:
"Substitution loop at /uar/src/mrtg-2.7.2/run//SNMP_Session.pm line 327."

If I replace the target line with something like
"ifInOctets.1&ifOutOctets.1 at public.172.22.30.9"

I get a valid graph.  So, I know the OID works (from snmpget), I know the
Router/MRTG combination works.  It is just the target I am  missing.  Did
you define any special permissions for this community string?

TIA,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Werner [mailto:ewerner at nwlink.com]
Sent: Friday, July 30, 1999 11:14 AM
To: MRTG List (E-mail)
Subject: [mrtg] Re: Cisco processor problems

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, David Ashamalla (SRN) wrote:

>  I have been attempting to graph 2 Cisco's processor usage for a day or
so.
> The oid I am using is:1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0 (from the list archives), and
> both answer when I use an snmpget.  One router is a 1605R, the other is a
> 3810.  The commented line indicates a failed attempt.

So what is the problem you are getting?  That is the same OID I use with
no difficulties.  Granted, the differences that I can see right now are
the boxes I point at, a 7513, a 7505, a 7206, a few 2501's, and a couple
of 4500's.  I've not tried either the 1605 or the 3810.

Eric Werner
Senior Network Administrator
                                               ewerner at nwlink.com
                                       <http://www.phydeaux.net/>

 It's a little known fact that the Y1K bug caused the Dark Ages.